A Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine with 13 years of professional experience at China’s most prestigious hospital Beijing Hospital, Beijing. Acting Head of the Department of Acupuncture with 7 years experience as the Clinical Instructor leading the training of medical students, residents and international students in the Art of Acupuncture. Has worked as a Clinical Acupuncturist since arrival in the USA in 2002. Fluent in Mandarin (Chinese) and English.
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Diplomat in Oriental Medicine
NCCAOM Diplomat in Oriental Medicine
NCCAOM Certifications in Acupuncture
NCCAOM Certifications in Herbology
NCCAOM Certifications in Oriental Medicine
- Licensed by New York State as an Acupuncturist
- Integrated Medical Education in Traditional Chinese Medicine
and Western Medicine, Concentration in Acupuncture, Acupressure and Chinese Herbology.
- Completed both Bachelor and Post-Graduate work at Beijing University Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
which is considered the #1 Traditional Chinese Medical University.
BOOKS PUBLISHED AND SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
- Hand Books for Medical Remedy of Common Diseases, 1993, LuYou Publication. Co-authored
- Yarong Wang, Clinical Trial of Laser Treatment, Journal of Beijing College of Acupuncture and Orthopedic Medicine, Apr. 1996
- How to Diagnose Through Lab Results, 1998, LuYou Publication. Co-authored
- Yarong Wang, Oral Diseases. International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture, Volume 10, No. 3, 1999, New York, USA
- Yarong Wang, acupuncture treatment of urinary retention, Journal of Beijing College of Acupuncture and Orthopedic Medicine, Han. 1996
- Reference Book for Acupuncture Certification Test, 2002. Co-authored
- Yarong Wang, How Acupuncture Point DU 11 is Applied in Clinic, Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Fu Jian, No 2, 2002
- Wang Y, Zhao J, Hao D. Is sham acupuncture a real placebo：Skeptical for sham acupuncture. World Journal of Acupuncture-Moxibustion(WJAM) 2017; 27:1-5.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Upon graduation was recruited by the 1000-bed Beijing Hospital as an Attending Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, July 1989.
- Due to outstanding clinical performance was promoted to Acting Head of the Department of Acupuncture, July 1997.
- Selected as the Training Supervisor for that Department to direct the Clinical Instruction of medical students, residents and international students for Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center which is the WHO (World Health Organization) Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, September 1995.
- Acupunctural areas of expertise include Pain Management, Respiratory and Gynecological Disorders, Immune System Deficiencies, Smoking Cessation, Weight Control, as well as Drug and Alcohol Detoxification.
- t Specific pain treatments have been performed for Arthritis / Other Joint problems, Knee / Neck pain / Shoulder or stiffness, Headaches / Migraines / Sinusitis and Back Sciatica, Tendonitis, Pinched Nerves, Paralysis and Numbness.
- Cared effectively for patients with Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Constipation / Diarrhea, Colitis, and Gastritis, as well as Endometriosis, Infertility, PMS and Menopause, Chronic Fatigue, Depression and Anxiety
- Actively involved in Acupuncture Research and results has been published in peer-reviewed Chinese National and International Journals.
- Possesses significant experience utilizing Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chinese Herbal Tea for the treatment of health related issues, as well as Tui Na and Acupressure.